Monday 22 January 2018

A New Year Means New Goals

Happy belated New Year all! Starting 2018 on the blog 3 weeks late. Awesome.

I usually like to start the year with a look back at the previous year. 2017 -- well, not a very productive year for me on the quilting front. Only 12 posts on the blog. I used to do 12 blog posts a month! I did finish a few quilts, but work and kids took over. And my quilting mojo disappeared sometime around May. The passion and a lot of ideas are still there, but the motivation and energy are not.

I would like that to change for 2018. I want to reinstate my 20 minutes a day routine. Hopefully that's doable. Since a lot of my motivation comes from goal-setting, here are my quilty goals for 2018:
  • Get quilting for 20 minutes a day
  • Finish my BeeSewcial quilts
  • Reduce my stash -- my sewing space is feeling too cluttered these days
  • Finish at least one project a month
  • See if I can finish something in time to submit to the National Juried Show at Quilt Canada. This one is not looking too promising. 
This is what I'm working on right now:


The concepts I'm trying to explore with this one:

  • Improv styles that transition from order to disorder/chaos
  • Maxi colour to neutral
  • Value progression through the neutrals
  • Matchstick quilting with grey and rainbow thread
Too much for one little quilt? We'll see. 

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you back both quilting and blogging! I hope you find both rewarding this year. Your little quilt has a good strong foundation to carry all those Big Concepts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do love that quilt! Excited to see where you go with it! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have similar goals and feelings :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your quilting mojo is back. Good luck with your goals. Life happens, but we'll always be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you back! I think blogs are just so much more personal than Instagram, twitter or even Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, your blog is amazing. I feel happy after visiting your blog. Thanks for sharing such type of info. Keep it continues and share some other amazing tips and tricks
    Mega888 iOS

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...