I usually like to start the year with a look back at the previous year. 2017 -- well, not a very productive year for me on the quilting front. Only 12 posts on the blog. I used to do 12 blog posts a month! I did finish a few quilts, but work and kids took over. And my quilting mojo disappeared sometime around May. The passion and a lot of ideas are still there, but the motivation and energy are not.
I would like that to change for 2018. I want to reinstate my 20 minutes a day routine. Hopefully that's doable. Since a lot of my motivation comes from goal-setting, here are my quilty goals for 2018:
- Get quilting for 20 minutes a day
- Finish my BeeSewcial quilts
- Reduce my stash -- my sewing space is feeling too cluttered these days
- Finish at least one project a month
- See if I can finish something in time to submit to the National Juried Show at Quilt Canada. This one is not looking too promising.
The concepts I'm trying to explore with this one:
- Improv styles that transition from order to disorder/chaos
- Maxi colour to neutral
- Value progression through the neutrals
- Matchstick quilting with grey and rainbow thread