Wednesday 25 May 2011

Works in Progress Wednesday #2

We've had a lot of visitors this past week -- yay! -- so most of my quilting time was spent cleaning -- boo! I really wish someone would invent a self-cleaning house. If they can do it with a stove, why not a house? ;)

Current Projects:

Value-able Colours/Project X? - Finished piecing the back, sandwiched and pin-basted the quilt and began FMQ-ing it. Hopefully, it will be done by next Wednesday.


On last Wednesday's WIP post, Cindy from Live a Colourful Life kindly asked to see the Fibonacci's Not Random quilt. In 2004, I was reading The Da Vinci Code, which featured the Fibonacci sequence, when low and behold, my May issue of Quilter's Newsletter Magazine arrived. It contained an article about using the Fibonnacci sequence in quilts. Hmm, serendipity! This is what I came up with. I used only Fibonacci sequence numbers in designing this quilt, so the blocks are 1", 2", 3", 5", or 8" or some combination thereof. I couldn't quilt it the way I wanted to at the time so I just quilted it in the ditch, bound and hung it in our dining room. A couple of years ago, I was determined to put crown moulding up in the dining room. Instead of removing everything from the walls, I just started in on the project. Sure enough, the crown moulding fell, smearing adhesive on the binding of this wallhanging. I tried getting it off, but nothing worked. I'm going to rebind it at some point, which is why it's in the Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting category rather than the Completed category. And now that I can FMQ better, I'll quilt it the way I'd always intended. Here are a couple of photos of Fibonacci's Not Random:



3 Wee Spy Quilts - No progress

Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting:
Landscape quilt
10X Leaves
Fibonacci's Not Random

On Hold:
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring
Stained Glass Lillies
Micah's Fire Growth Chart
Converging Stars
Tangled Garden
Red and Tan Bargello in the Round 2
Chop Suey
Green Bed Drape
Christmas tree skirt
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash
Spiral/Spring seta colour


New projects: 0
Completed projects: 0
Currently in progress: 19


Check out Freshly Pieced to see what others are up to today!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love your black sashing with the bright colors! Looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for posting this! I read the same book, and then the same article, and found them both so fascinating!
    And Value-Able is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH! That 'F not random; is just amazing! I linked back from today's WIP post. Thanks for linking to TN&TN!
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...