Monday, 27 June 2011

Project Y Top is Finished

I had a few uninterrupted hours to quilt this weekend so I was able to finish the Project Y top (really must think of a name). Even with the sketches, I ended up playing around with the fabrics and the layout on my design wall. In the end, I found that I liked the Modified Radiating Outward layout best. It felt bolder and the piecing was simpler and cleaner than the Radiating Outward layout. The photo below makes the colours look much brighter than they are in real life. I'm very pleased so far with how this is turning out.


Now for the backing. Since there isn't anything else similar in my stash, I'll be trying to use up as many of the scraps from the front as possible. 

3 comments:

  1. I love how this has turned out! Bold, dramatic, artistic, and mesmerizing!

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This top has turned out beautiful. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you.Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...