Wednesday 28 December 2011

Coming Out From Under the Tryptophan/Egg Nog-Induced Fog

Man, what a great Christmas! I'm slowing coming out of the Christmas tourtière-mad about chocolate cheesecake-monkey bread-my mom's homemade egg nog (heaven!)-turkey-mashed potatoes-cherry pie-tuxedo cake-croissant haze. All I can say is thank goodness for Dance Dance Revolution and Just Dance 3. Without them, I'm pretty sure I would have gained 10 pounds!

We had such a great time with the kids and our extended family. Although the kids got sick and one of them even slept through Christmas Eve dinner, they all rallied the next morning just in time for opening presents. Funny how that happens.

A definite highlight was playing "Who ruined Christmas?" anytime some little thing didn't go as expected. It was brilliant, especially after a few drinks. Thankfully we have one of those families where no one takes themselves too seriously so the "blame" could be passed around and accepted freely. :)

I haven't been quilting for a week, but I've been devouring some quilting books I got for Christmas. I'd been eyeing Modern Blocks for some time so I was pretty stoked to unwrap it Christmas morning.


And Joen Wolfrom's Adventures in Design is absolutely fabulous so far!

Sooo loving the books. They will definitely be playing a role in some upcoming projects!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday and even perhaps got some quilting in? If you've finished any projects, Jess @ Life Under Quilts is hosting this week's TGIFF! party.

Cheers,
M-R

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful, fun Christmas! I'm planning on sewing tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Modern Blocks book looks great, I might have to get a copy!

    We didn't make the pilgrimage to Quebec this year because our old Pug is loosing control of his bowels and we didn't want to leave him at a kennel. We have a nice quiet time at home and I got a ton of sewing done -- something I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise. ;)

    Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had such a great time! I got Just Dance 3 too!! I love that my girls are walking around the house singing all the songs! I am just finishing the binding on my birthday quilt... will post and link up to TGIFF later today!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...