From Now Until the End of the World

Courtesy of Madame Samm
(http://www.sewiquiltnow.com/)
I'm big on goal-setting. Some years, I write down my goals, other years...not so much. Invariably, I find that I achieve the goals that I write down. So here's my stake in the ground for 2012/until the world ends.

1) Not just starting quilts, but finishing them!
  • Since I'm hosting TGIFF! once a month, I'd like to have a quilt finished per month. Some of these will hopefully be:
    • A quilt to cover our own poor bed!
    • A leader/ender quilt for the guest room
    • More charity quilts
    • A few things off my bucket list
    • FINISH MY EXISTING WIPs - they are out of control!
2) Design:
  • Design a quilt to share online.
  • Modern Block Monday - Make and share a block from Modern Blocks every Monday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this book! I don't think I'll do all of the blocks in the book but I'd like to make a Modern Block Sampler. 
  • Raise my EQ so that I don't turn into a Wild Thing every time I use Electric Quilt. I will start learning EQ from the beginning AGAIN! This is attempt number 3, but I'll post my misadventures here so I don't give up this time. I really don't get what the block (ha ha) is that I have with this program but I will succeed this year. As I figure out this program, I'll make and post some of the designs that I make.
  • Do a tutorial on the growth chart.
3) Colour:
  • Colour My World Challenge - This one is going to be a fun experiment and challenge! Each month, I will be doing a small project (12" by 12" or 14" by 14") focusing on one colour. Red, blue and purple will probably be easy. White, orange and brown, not so much.
  • Once I figure out EQ, use it to experiment with different colour schemes, especially those outside of my comfort zone.
4) Technique:
  • Achieve a consistent 1/4" seam allowance. Seriously, I've been quilting for um-13 + years and I still can't do this properly. It's why I don't make blocks. This will change.
  • Learn and practice more free motion quilting - participating in the QAYGFMQQAL and the 2012 Free Motion Quilting Project should help achieve this goal.
  • Learn and experiment more with new-to-me techniques:
    • Machine pieced curves - Drunkard's Path
    • Trapunto
    • Fabric painting
    • Collage
    • Drawing/sketching
I'm very excited to see where my quilting journey takes me this year. How about you? What do you want do in 2012?

Comments

  1. Hurrah!! Send this to Giles - he'll be chuffed his list has taken off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why don't you get a 1/4 inch foot? Mine is not only the proscribed 1/4 inch, it has an outer bar that the fabric can't get past - a 4 year old could get a perfect 1/4 inch seam with that sucker! Mistake proof! (And then you have brilliant 1/4 inch seams and no one's the wiser.) ;)

    Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. M-R, All the best to you with meeting your 2012 quilting goals. EQ is one of the things I should be working on improving too!!! Maybe we could learn together...LOL Look forward to reading & talking with you about your experiences and projects as the year progresses. Take care Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goals for this year include finishing a quilt for our bed, practicing my quilting on the longarm and getting my WIPs done!
    Good luck with your goals M-R! I am sure you will have great success!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very big plans! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good list!! I'm with Kit, I don't know what I'd do without a 1/4" foot!! I like the sound of the colour challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very impressed that your list is structured and not just a wildly wandering stream of consciousness where quilt projects fall out and are therefore deemed a list! ... that's my list for you, all random and highly aspirational!

    I need to get one of those 1/4"machine foots too - it's not easy sewing in a straight line when you can't see what you're doing, and one of those wonderful inventions might just help me!

    I will follow your progress through your list! Good luck to us all!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Popular Posts

Triad - A Quilt-It Modern Blog Tour Finish

TGIFF! - We The North Since 1867

TGIFF! - Falling for Stripes