Sunday 16 September 2012

Stash Play - Saffron Tones

It's Stash Play time and I hope you'll play along. This is great little game to practice colour and fabric selection. As I explained last week, the 'rules' are really simple. Go to Design Seeds (or any other palette source) and choose a colour palette. The palette you choose can be one that you actually want to use in a quilt or one you just want to play with.

Once you've chosen your palette, find fabrics in your stash or even from online shops that work with the palette. You can stick to the palette closely or use it as a jumping off point for finding a solid fabric selection from your stash. No big colour analysis needed or even doing solids vs. prints like I did last week or the week before; just find fabrics that work with the palette. Also, feel free to choose more fabrics than the number of colours on the palette. My palette today has five colours, but my print fabric selection has 13. Do a blog post and link up below so we can learn from you. Sound good? Excellent.

Let's play...

Today's challenge for me is Saffron Tones from Design Seeds. Warm colours, cool neutrals.

saffron tones

In solids: Yes!
From left to right: 1. White - Heritage Solids
2. Ash - Kona
3. No idea - Heritage Solids
4. No idea - Heritage Solids
5. No idea - Heritage Solida
In prints:

1. Annie's Seed Catalogue by LakeHouse
2. White on white print - No idea
3. Handspray by R.J.R. Fabrics
4. Grey mottle - No idea
5. Colonial Garden by Northcott
6. The Typographical Elements Collection by Andover
7. Moda Marbles by Patrick Lose for Moda
8. Orange mottle by Cranston Village
9. Garden Glory by Northcott
10. Mustard mottle - No idea
11. Orange striated fabric - Robert Kaufman?
12. Innocent Indulgence by Wilmington Prints
13. Yellow swirl - No idea
14. Over the Moon by Spring Industries
I found the basket weave (Garden Glory) too strong, but the rest works nicely, I think:

1. Annie's Seed Catalogue by LakeHouse
2. White on white print - No idea
3. Handspray by R.J.R. Fabrics
4. Grey mottle - No idea
5. Colonial Garden by Northcott
6. The Typographical Elements Collection by Andover
7. Moda Marbles by Patrick Lose for Moda
8. Orange mottle by Cranston Village
9. Mustard mottle - No idea
10. Orange striated fabric - Robert Kaufman?
11. Innocent Indulgence by Wilmington Prints
12. Yellow swirl - No idea
13. Over the Moon by Spring Industries

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your saffron colours and all those fabrics are really beautiful! I wish they were on my stash to make a quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great challenge. Sorry I have no time for it right now otherwise I'd be very tempted! Luv saffron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing with fabric is such good therapy!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...