Thursday 4 December 2014

It Figures It's Modern Totems - A Finished Top

Happy Thursday, all! I taught my Modern Totems workshop for the Ottawa Valley Quilt Guild last weekend. So much fun!

I love seeing the different fabrics that people pick for this pattern (yes, it's still in the works, but I'm slow). One person used a couple of Pretty Potent charm packs paired with a browny blue shot cotton. It's going to be gorgeous. Another used purples, oranges and greys I think, paired with a white. Beautiful and fresh! Someone else used a more traditional fabric line paired with a white tone-on-tone paisley fabric and it looked fabulous too. It's proving to be a pretty versatile pattern. Woo hoo!

I finished up my top last night.


It uses a Figures by Zen Chic charm pack paired with Kona white. I'm thinking alternating straight-line and squiggly-line quilting on the vertical for this one. :)

5 comments:

  1. That is awesome!! You are just so clever! I did read you are planning on making this a class, how lucky are those who attend one of your classes, I bet they learn alot?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is such a great design! it will look fabulous in all kinds of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful. Enjoy the quilting process ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful and I'm sure your ideas for the fmq will work very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have loved to be at the workshop. It's a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...