Thursday 18 December 2014

Playing with Design

I have not been getting a lot of time in the studio these days, I must say, but I have been sketching a bunch of designs. 

I took a few of those designs and tried them in EQ7. Yes, I bit the bullet and got it. Early Christmas present? Yes! :)

Fibonacci Flow - uses the Fibonacci sequence up to 5. Dying to make this one using a fat eighth bundle of shot cottons I have. The colours will change, but this is the idea. 


Have you heard of Quilt Design a Day? This Facebook group's goal is to "spend a little time (15-20 minutes) each day, creating a quilt design. The design can be as simple or as complex as you like. To spark our creativity, we have users contribute images and color palettes for inspiration. In addition to producing a design daily, QDAD helps members strengthen their creative process and hone their creative style by sharing constructive feedback." (From the group's description on Facebook)

I joined in September, but have only completed one design to date. No plans to make this one, but it's fun to play with.


Looking forward to doing some more though! Goal for 2015? Hmmm...

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. The first one would be lovely made up in shot cottons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes!!! That Fibonacci Flow will be spectacular!! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great designs! I can't wait to see some of them in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt design caught my eye ... I think this would be a great scrap buster - might add it to my 'what I'd like to get around to making list' in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...