Jaclyn in my Canadians Quilt Bee asked for this block using this yummy colour palette and using this tutorial from Displacement Activity. I have made this block before, but not the way indicated in the tutorial. The tutorial has you cut the strips wider than needed and then trim down after it's been sewn to the block. This is a great way of making sure the block is accurate. As my 1/4" seams are now more accurate than they used to be, I found the almost 1/2" trim too much so I cut my strips to 1.75" after the first couple of rows.
I can't wait to see what Jaclyn does with these blocks!
I'm on deck to host TGIFF! this week so get those finishes ready and join me!