Sunday 17 May 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - October Sky

It's one of my favourite times of year -- the Blogger's Quilt Festival hosted by the amazing Amy Ellis.  I'm entering my October Sky quilt into the art quilt category. There are a number of gorgeous quilts already linked up so check it out when you get a chance. Even better, enter one of yours!

My October Sky quilt had quite a journey. It evolved quite a bit from the original design, then there was a lot of deliberation over the colours, and finally undergoing a lot of hand stitching and machine quilting.





The quilting is about 1/8" to 5/8" max. I'm thrilled with the movement that the quilting and hand stitching gives it -- like air currents.

Hope you don't mind a LOT of photos. ;)





This quilt is going to Lethbridge, Alberta for the Quilt Canada 2015's National Juried Show in a couple of weeks. Woo hoo!

Final size: 24" x 44.5"
Fabrics: Kona solids
Threads: DMC embroidery threads and Aurifil (50wt.)

I'm entering this one in the art quilt category.

AmysCreativeSide.com

Happy long weekend!

24 comments:

  1. It's fantastic, the quilting is so perfect for this piece, especially that bit of hand quilting added in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for the festival. It is wonderful seeing pictures of it again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could look at tons more pictures of this one! It is gorgeous! I love the colours, and the combination of hand and machine quilting is just so perfect! I am looking forward to seeing this one in Lethbridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Winner!!!!! congrats on the Alberta show

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a beautiful quilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and nice quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love the combination of machine and hand quilting. Gorgeous quilt, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your quilt, the colours you've chosen and the quilting. It reminds me of clouds floating by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love love this so much, M-R. I would've been happy with twice this many photos. Congrats on the NJS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a stunning piece of art!
    Love all of the stitching in it and the colours are so beautiful!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see pictures of this quilt again as I love it! Good luck for both shows. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved that you shared lots of photos. The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The texture of that quilt is so nice, thanks for including close up pictures or we would have missed its true beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love this quilt. The texture is incredible.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this quilt! It is definitely one of my favorites so far. The texture added by the quilting is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the orange and greys together, and the soft curves combine to have a very sooth effect when looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love this quilt, love the combination of hand and machine quilting. You nailed it on all levels. Lethbridge! Too bad I still don't live in Edmonton, or I'd be heading down there! I'll be anxious to hear how it does. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's simply stunning in it's creativity. I absolutely LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it. Your quilting is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is really stunning. All of that stitching is so worth the effort - it is gorgeous and gives so much to the overall composition. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so beautiful! Congratulations on the Win!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...