Of course, it always helps when you have a deadline. This deadline? The AGF Stitched with Kimberly Welded Blog Hop hosted by the Fat Quarter Shop and sponsored by Art Gallery Fabrics.
The Fat Quarter Shop provided the free Welded Quilt pattern and a great video tutorial and Art Gallery Fabrics provided the fabric love. The Fat Quarter Shop also has a Welded Quilt featuring Pat Bravo's Artisan line and a backing set available.
For my version of the quilt, I wanted to play with navies and greys so I picked out fabrics from Katarina Roccella's Imprint, Indelible (Spirodraft Carbon), and Recollection line (Cuneiform Script Cast), as well as a few prints from the Art Gallery Studio Maker line. Mmmm!
I modified the Welded pattern a bit and replaced some of the blocks with background fabric, making the negative space more prominent and giving some asymmetry to the fun on-point block design of the quilt. I'm so happy with how it turned out!
For the quilting, I used a light grey Aurifil and echoed the sewing lines. Simple, but effective and I love the extension of the lines in the negative space.
For the backing, I took the leftover greys and paired them with the I'm a Maker print (sooo love that fabric!).
I find the navies and greys make Welded look like links in a chain so I'm calling it Welded Links.
Here's Welded Links enjoying some sun by the Rideau Canal. ;)
Finished size: 60" by 60".
There are a whole slew of fabulous bloggers participating in this hop so be sure to check out what they've done with the pattern.
- Cara of That Crafty Cara
- John Q Adams of Quilt Dad
- Kitty Wilkin of Night Quilter
- Dana Bolyard of Old Red Barn Co.
- M-R Charbonneau of Quilt Matters (oui, c'est moi!)
- Corey Yoder of Little Miss Shabby
- Christina Lane of Sometimes Crafter
- Sinta Renee of Pink Pincushion
- Jess Frost of The Elven Garden
- Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilting
- Svetlana Sotak of Sotak Handmade
- Jemima Flendt of Tied with a Ribbon
- Katarina Roccella
- Caroline Hulse of Sew Caroline
- Riane Menardi of Vessel Quilts
- Megan of Quilt Story
- Kaye Prince of Miss Print
- Natalia Bonner of Piece N Quilt
I'm also linking up to TGIFF!, which is over at Simply Pieced this week, because it's been a long time since I've had a finish to celebrate. :)