Sunday 9 October 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and it's one of my favourite holidays. Other than making the turkey dinner, there's not much else to prepare; no heavy decorating to do, no gifts to buy and wrap. Not that I mind any of these things, but with three kids and hosting duties, the other holidays get kind of noisy and crazy around my house. Thanksgiving, for me, is a quieter time to spend with family and friends and be thankful for all the blessings we have.  Like many families, we have a tradition whereby we go around the table during Thanksgiving dinner and share what we are thankful for.  

This year, my sister and brother-in-law are hosting so we're in Burlington, Ontario (about an hour-ish southwest of Toronto). Road trip, yay! We've had a wonderful time and I am more stuffed than the turkey! Thank goodness for stretchy pants. ;)

For a little quilty tidbit, this is a wallhanging, called Charlotte's in the Pumpkin Patch, that I finished this past spring in honour of the fall season. This was my second foray into thread painting -- pretty happy with the results, but I still have a lot to learn!

Happy Gobble-Gobble to my fellow Canadians! Happy Monday to everyone else!

2 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is wonderful. Love the hundreds of orange knots.

    Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, M-R! Glad you had a good trip to Burlington.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...