Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving here in Canada and it's one of my favourite holidays. Other than making the turkey dinner, there's not much else to prepare; no heavy decorating to do, no gifts to buy and wrap. Not that I mind any of these things, but with three kids and hosting duties, the other holidays get kind of noisy and crazy around my house. Thanksgiving, for me, is a quieter time to spend with family and friends and be thankful for all the blessings we have.  Like many families, we have a tradition whereby we go around the table during Thanksgiving dinner and share what we are thankful for.  

This year, my sister and brother-in-law are hosting so we're in Burlington, Ontario (about an hour-ish southwest of Toronto). Road trip, yay! We've had a wonderful time and I am more stuffed than the turkey! Thank goodness for stretchy pants. ;)

For a little quilty tidbit, this is a wallhanging, called Charlotte's in the Pumpkin Patch, that I finished this past spring in honour of the fall season. This was my second foray into thread painting -- pretty happy with the results, but I still have a lot to learn!

Happy Gobble-Gobble to my fellow Canadians! Happy Monday to everyone else!

Comments

  1. Your little quilt is wonderful. Love the hundreds of orange knots.

    Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, M-R! Glad you had a good trip to Burlington.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Popular Posts

Triad - A Quilt-It Modern Blog Tour Finish

TGIFF! - We The North Since 1867

TGIFF! - Falling for Stripes