Two years ago, I made the front of this table runner. I found these large felt asterisks pot separators at the dollar store and thought they'd make a great table runner ie. you could put the pots directly on the quilt instead of using hot pads.
I appliquéd them on the cream text fabric with a zigzag stitch. This is one of those projects that falls into the "what was I thinking?!" category.
After several tries with Halloween fabric ('cause I found black asterisks!), I decided to stick with the red and cream theme and go with Canada Day (I'm not much a Valentine's Day person).
The spirals and pebbles in the cream areas and the jester hat quilting in the red swirly border were done with Aurifil 50 wt. #2000. I like! What I don't like is how the felt bubbles up now. Oh well!
It's 22" by 61". Even though it fell into the "What was I thinking?" category, I'm pretty happy with it now. Now I've just got to find me a 60" by 100" table for it and a bigger dining room. ;)
Now for OctoberQuest 2! Please make sure you READ the rules BEFORE you link up. We had to unlink several folks last week and I'd rather not have to do it this week!
Your quest is to finish up those quilty projects and link up at any of our fab four hosts throughout the month of October. The rules remain the same as last year:
- Your quilty project must be completely finished (As much as we love celebrating quilt tops or completed blocks, they will not be eligible for the prizes so we will need to unlink them).
- You may enter more than one finish and even more than one finish each week. Just add a link for each finish to one of the linky parties. The linky parties will stay open until the end of the month.
- Your blog post or photo on Flickr/Picasa must have a link back to the TGIFF! site and the particular party you are participating in. Posts without links will be deleted.
- Link up your quilty finish in any of the TGIFF! linky parties this month:
- OctoberQuest will be open until October 31st at 11:59 p.m. EST. Winners will be picked via Ms. Random Number Generator on November 1st and notified via email. Please make sure we can contact you via email or we will blow the gift certificates on ourselves need to run Ms. Random again.