Saturday 3 January 2015

Quick Fix - A Finished Top

I sometimes have a hard time getting back into the studio after a break. Especially if it's nice and clean from having guests. LOL!

I wasn't ready to get back into a work in progress after this break so I decided to start fresh. I also wanted something fast. A quick fix, if you will. ;) 

Few quilts are faster than a Jelly Roll race. I've been wanting a coordinating quilt for Mod 1600 for a while. With the boys getting bigger, it's getting harder to share it when we watch a TV show with them. Another one is definitely in order.

Mod 1600
I pulled out a Kona dark jelly roll I'd been saving for this quilt and got to work. This time though, I decided to sew the strips together in the order that they came off the jelly roll and see what I get. 

Here's the finished quilt top. 


I like the chunks or stripes of colour for the most part, but the yellow is bothering me. Too much for the left? I think I may unstitch one of them and flip it. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! What a great way to get back in the groove after the holidays. The top is gorgeous as it is. I would just leave that yellow piece. He looks comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always something that bothers us :) Give it a time and sleep on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I don't think I've ever seen a jelly roll race that I've liked before, but seeing it in all solids makes me want to dig out one of my solids jelly rolls and try it out too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! I like that one yellow strip is at the top and the other at the bottom. A great start to 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The yellow is placed very similarly to your Mod 1600 and I think it works really well. Love the way you quilted that one. Happy New Year, M-R!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I can honestly say that this is the first JRR quilt that I've seen that I actually like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very neat!!! I have yet to do a jelly roll quilt...on the list..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it as is. The yellow doesn't stand out in the photo of the finished quilt in the sun. There is a sort of light to dark movement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it just like it is too. It is kind of "winking" at me :)
    I like these quick fixes too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the colours look quite bright in the new one... I have to get working on my Hadley jelly roll soon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finish. I've never joined my strips on the diagonal -- might have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it and I think the yellow is just fine where it is. You've inspired me to try one of these! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - the diagonal quilting lines in your Mod 1600 really make it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...