I'm going to channel my inner psychic and make some bold predictions for 2015:
- I will do some quilting. Okay, a lot of quilting.
- I will do some blogging too.
Phew, that was hard. I'm no Nostradamus, but I'm feeling pretty confident with these predictions. Now all we have to do is see if they come true. ;)
I'm not one to leave these things to chance though so I'm going to do my yearly goal setting. No BHAGs (Big, Hairy Audacious Goals) this year again -- there's just too much change going on in our household. That said, goals help give me some focus on those days when I don't really know what to work on.
Goals for 2015
- A quilt for my youngest. He's not pushing for one or anything, but the kid is a hand-me-down king so it's time he gets something made just for him. He's only seen bits and pieces of the movies, but he loves Star Wars so maybe something along these lines for him.
- Finish my patterns, dang it! Third time goal's the charm?
- Tutorials - yes, I haven't done any tutorials in quite some time. I'm planning some basic how-I-do-things tutorials.
- Creativity challenge - Get scrappy. Projects, big and small, that use scraps. Yes!
- Another creativity challenge - selvages. My fellow guild members have been gifting me their selvages for a couple of years now and I'm thinking that I need to start using them for more than pretty decoration, no? Maybe selvage bowls or baskets...hmm.
- UFOs/W.I.P.s/P.H.D.s - Complete 3. And keep a running list as a page on my blog because there's nothing like public accountability.
- Have a quilt finished for whenever I host TGIFF! this year. This will definitely require better planning on my part since quilting time is now at a premium.
- Do more Quilt Design A Day challenges. Say 12 or about one a month. Doable, right?
- Have fun! Never really a problem when it comes to quilting, but good to be upfront about it. :)
I'll close with a peek at the finished top for Carsick. It's now basted... yay!