Separation of Church and State - A Work in Progress

The improv bug has definitely hit. That paired with overflowing scrap bins made doing some improv piecing a good idea this week. I separated my scraps into two piles -- brights and tones. This is what I did with some of the tones.

It's a puzzle:


Added a grey stripe and the improv pieces felt done:


Then I had a thought to add a border to showcase the quilting I had in mind. Also the border would help contain the busyness of the improv piecing.

Trying out some greys:


And then some Essex linen:


In the end, I switched out the grey for natural Essex linen and there it was -- Separation of Church and State.


I'll let you decide which section is which. Any guesses? ;)

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Comments

  1. Great job with the improv. Good luck with quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over how much I like this! It is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. Especially with the Essex linen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! Looks like it was really fun to make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Popular Posts

Triad - A Quilt-It Modern Blog Tour Finish

TGIFF! - We The North Since 1867

TGIFF! - Falling for Stripes