Saturday 18 February 2017

Fibonacci Twist - A Work in Progress

I decided to take my love of the Fibonacci sequence and my love of solids and challenge myself to see what I could do with it using my scraps.

I made these Fibonacci blocks several years ago and it sat in my WIP pile.


I pulled that out, took off the largest squares and made more 8.5" by 13.5" squares from my scraps.


Playing with the layout. Hmm, no. 


That's a little more like it. Now for a background that would make those colours pop. 



Let's go with charcoal grey. Yep, that's it. A finished top! 


I could see making more quilts with these blocks and my scraps. 

Hope you are having a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. I really like these blocks. Nice colours and shapes to them. I don't really understand fibionacci is there a resource?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great M-R! Love the layout and the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember those blocks! I like what you've done with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of Fibonacci and I love the finished top. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made a vest using the Fibonacci rule using all strips in between solids. Made a nice one and it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The charcoal gray really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The charcoal gray really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great blocks. The grey was a great choice for background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found a link to your first post for this block from Pinterest yesterday, and then had to search your blog to see if you posted as to what you ended up doing with it. I must say this is fabulous! I love the different bright blocks and then the grey background to finish it up. Thank you for sharing your creative process with us!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...