Monday 6 June 2011

Lunch Bags for Teachers

Saturday night, while Chuck watched the Stanley Cup finals, I took the opportunity to finish up a small project. Yes, I'm probably the only Canadian not watching the finals. I really wish the Canucks well, but I'm going to take advantage of the quilting time.

Lee from Freshly Pieced recently blogged about making some lunch bags as teacher gifts with her new line of fabric. I loved that idea and the fabric she designed. Since her fabric isn't available yet, I checked around my stash and found some fun fabrics to use. I used the same Lunch bag tutorial Lee used; the fabulous design by Ayumi from the Pink Penguin. It was an easy, straightforward project. And this is what came of it.


I still want to do two more, but need to go pick up more stabilizer first. One of the two will use these fabrics:



Yay, one project completed this week!

3 comments:

  1. M-R -- this blog is amazing! I love the design -- and I love your quilts. J-A and I treasure the one you made us. I know nothing about quilting -- and crafts give me anxiety (I can't even cut paper straight!) -- but I'll be checking out your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks Doug! I learned a lot from your blog. :) I'm certainly having a lot of fun with this. Thanks for coming by and posting! I'm thrilled to hear that you and J-A are enjoying the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your version of the lunch tote@! I hope you posted it in Ayumi's flckr group. Thanks for stopping by my bloggy place!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...