Sunday 20 November 2011

Getting My FMQ On

Early into 2011, I decided that I was going to focus more time and effort into improving my quilting skills this year. I wanted to do something quilting related everyday and learn how to free motion quilt (FMQ). In addition to spending more time with my kids, I wanted to take advantage of my time on leave to improve my skills and learn as much as I can about quilting.

My quilting has improved a lot this year, especially since starting this blog, and I couldn't be happier with my progress. I learned how to FMQ in the spring and I am finding that the movements and rhythm of FMQ are starting to feel more natural. 

That said, I still have a looong way to go. On Friday, I found the 2012 Free Motion Challenge on SewCalGal's blog. Normally, I'm rather reticent to jump in on all the fabulous quiltalongs out there. I'd love to join them, but have you seen my WIP list or my bucket list?! But this one, well, I'm so in. There will be free monthly tutorials by FMQ experts, as well as challenges and prizes. It fits beautifully with my goal of mastering FMQ. If you are looking to learn free motion quilting or improve your FMQ skills, check it out -- it looks like a lot of fun.





Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. That is my goal for 2012 too! I have been preparing swatches of fabric for practicing different stitches. It's the only project I am allowing myself once baby girl comes along. I had not heard of this challenge, but I will be joining in (hopefully!). Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...