Monday 7 November 2011

Just Me and My Peeps - A Finished Top

Get your sunglasses on because this one is bright! A perfect pick-me-up for dreary November, eh? Although November's been pretty nice here so far. The hubster worked late Thursday night and was out Friday night so that meant two quilting nights in a row -- woo hoo! Ooops, I mean bummer, he's out again?! ;)

The design that I sketched out in the summer originally had all horizontal strips of fabric with three or four horizontal brick sections interspersed throughout. However, when I saw this beautiful modern baby quilt at Bijou Lovely, I decided to try a strip of bricks vertically. I think the layout works. I find it very bold and bright. I'm curious if your eyes have a place to rest when you look at it?


Those pumpkins were my two year old's contribution to this photo shoot. :)



I'm hosting TGIFF! this Friday so be sure to come back to see the finishes and link up a finish of your own, if you have one. I think my finish will be that Christmas project I mentioned on Saturday or Just Me and My Peeps or Converging Stars. Oh, I don't know - so much fun stuff on the go and a lot can happen between now and then.

I think this one definitely fits in the modern category so I'm linking up to Sew Modern Monday!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations


Happy Monday!

7 comments:

  1. very pretty....it is just so happy; you have to light up when you see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes rest on the bricks, actually. :) Lovely quilt, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty!! love the design to it, simple but totally eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would look great in my daughter's room! lol Very pretty! I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! THat is so pretty and cheery!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore those colours and think the pattern looks great! I love the vertical bricks, it suits the fabric so well

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bright and cheery--I love it! :) Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...