Thursday 20 September 2012

Random Acts of Randomness

Cindy from Live a Colorful Life has started a great new linky party called Really Random Thursdays. I just happen to have a couple of random things that I'd thought I'd share with you today.

The Quilt Balloon
Hot Air Balloon Festival in Gatineau, Quebec, 2012
A few weeks ago, we took the kids to the Hot Air Balloon Festival across the river in Gatineau. We love this festival -- there's just something so simple and awesome about seeing a hot air balloon fill up and lift off. This year, we took some good friends of ours and the kids went ballistic when the balloons took off. It was hilarious!

Anyways, my oldest turned to me at one point and said, "Mommy, I know which balloon is your favourite." "Really? Which one?" "The one that looks like a quilt!" he replied proudly. How adorable is that?! And he was so right. :D

I pinned the TinEye Labs site a while back to share on the blog, but keep forgetting. On TinEye Labs Multicolor Engine, you can select up to five colours from its palette and it will pull up images from Flickr that include those colours. Such wonderful photos too! But that is not all, oh no, that is not all. They also have a color extraction feature that allows you to upload a photo or enter in an image url and it will pull out what colours are in the photo and their percentage of the whole. Serious awesomeness. (I have no affiliation whatsoever with the site, BTW).

Live A Colorful Life
So happy random Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Coolest stinking thing ever! I just went over and played for a minute and I've got to go back. It's worse than Pinterest...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that you saw a quilt balloon! And that your son loved it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does it....I have to go to the festival here this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on my way to Ottawa soon to visit a friend. Do you have any advice/recommendations for me re quilting stores in Ottawa? Much appreciated. My friend is not a quilter (although she is a delightfully interested friend) and probably won't know of any.
    Any help would be very appreciated.
    Darcey

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS balloon! And how sweet that you son knew just what to say. I'm going to check out that color site. Thanks! Oh, and thanks for linking up too!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...