Friday 11 January 2013

I {Bee} Making Blocks

First, some exciting news for Ottawa area peeps. Laura @ Waffle Kisses has gotten the ball rolling on an Ottawa Modern Quilt Guild. Woo hoo! If you are interested in joining, sign up on the Flickr group page for updates.

January for the Don't Worry {Bee} Happy gang is Heather's month. She asked for this fun granny square.

Bee Block for Heather

Then I had to see what all the Scrappy Trip Along fuss was about. I've been thinking of asking my new Simply Solids bee mates to make this block for me this March. I thought I'd test it out first and use it for my Modern Block Sampler. How fun would this be in all sorts of crazy solid colours?


So much for not being a block quilter, eh? :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Yay for a new modern guild! We just got ours off the ground and starting to run here in S'toon… and it's wonderful to have it! I've only just come across Laura - she's in my SS bee group. :-)

    And that scrappy trip would make a very cool bee block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are looking lovely, very nicely done! Congrats on the guild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one guild here in Durham with a waiting list of 80!! I haven't seen anyone crate a solids trip around the world, can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Simply Solids may be the only way I get to the Scrappy Trip along! Love your block. So glad to hear that Ottawa will be getting a Modern Guild! As Carly said, we just got ours going here in Toontown( my brother's take on Saskatoon!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you arranged the trip block, with the pop of bright red down the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for another Canadian MQG!

    A solid Trip would be fun - Cindy Live a Colorful Life is doing solids too. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish there was a modern guild closer to where I am. To go two hours to Calgary is just too far for me. I really like the Solid Trip too! If you choose it as your block, I could see what all the fuss is about and then not be tempted to make a whole quilt for me.

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...