Saturday 4 May 2013

Bits and Snips

Next weekend is the Ottawa Valley Quilter's Guild's biennial Festival of Quilts show at the RA Centre here in Ottawa. It runs Friday morning to Sunday afternoon. This year, we have almost 300 quilts on display -- a fabulous variety of styles to suit any quilter or quilt enthusiast. There's also an awesome merchant mall -- over 20 vendors! I'll be volunteering Sunday morning, but will probably be checking out the quilts Friday morning. So if you are in the area, check it out. It's definitely worth a visit!

And speaking about the quilt show...is what I'll be doing on TV on Tuesday...in French! A local show called Entre Nous wanted to interview someone about the guild and the show. Somehow my name came up and sure, I'm game. Gulp! Now I'm brushing up on proper French quilting vocabulary as I doubt the hosts would appreciate the Franglais I use with my French guild friends. ;) Wish me luck! BTW, did you know that quilter is courtepointière (female) or courtepointier (male) in French? Well, now I do and you do too. :)

Like many other quilters around the blogosphere, I made a flag for To Boston With Love. The hubster and I lived in Beantown for three years and it has a very special place in my heart. I was horrified to see what had happened in the marathon. I'm looking forward to finding out where they will hang the flags -- Boston Common? MIT Campus? Harvard Campus? Faneuil Hall? Along the Charles River? The Rose Kennedy Parkway? This is mine. Just don't look too closely -- I was a bit distracted while doing the zigzag stitching and there are a few oopsies. :) This initiative was launched by the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild and everyone is welcome to participate!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Oh, it's Sew Mama Sew Giveaway Day on Monday so be sure to come back to enter my giveaway!


2 comments:

  1. Your show sounds lovely, and I love the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be at the show... enjoy! Your flag is great btw!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...