Tuesday 7 July 2015

Colour Pop - A Work in Progress

In April, I took a quilt design class with Elizabeth Olwen, surface designer. She has a great aesthetic. It was such a fun day -- hanging out with Elizabeth and the OMQG folks, designing, and quilting. Bliss.

I went into the class wanting to break my solids streak. Don't get me wrong, I still adore solids, but variety is the spice of life, n'est-ce pas?

This was my fabric pull the night before the workshop...

Fabric pull for tomorrow's quilt design class with Elizabeth Olwen. Yes? Prints!!! #ottmqg @wafflekisses @owlyjulie @lethargiclass @aboutkirstin

I came up with a few ideas that day, but this is the one that I started during the workshop. Big equilateral triangles. Like 8" ones. :)

Design ideas

Cutting, cutting and more cutting...


When I got home, I played with the layout some more...


Adding more triangles, small triangles...


Liking it so far...not sure about the name, but it will do for now.

I was hoping to finish this for this week's TGIFF!, which I happen to be hosting, but it ain't going to happen. Get your finishes ready to link up -- the more, the merrier! -- and we'll just have to see what I'll have finished...

***

Sew Sisters Quilt Shop has a cutting edge deal (ha ha) this month on Olfa 45mm rotary blades -- 2 pack for $12.97. Enjoy!
Deal of the Month - July - Olfa 45 mm Rotary Blade 2 Pack

10 comments:

  1. It is a great way to break loose. I luv this concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barely patterned patterned fabrics!! Such a bright, fun design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be stunning - I love black and white prints and adding the colour is a great idea. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the addition of the different size triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a great class. Your triangles are awesome, especially the little ones. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those triangles are so pretty! Love your layout and where you are taking this. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your design and fabric choices. Can't wait to see what it looks like finished and how you'll quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fabric pull caught my eye, great colours and love how they sing against the black and whites. Particularly enjoy how you've continued the colour with smaller triangles that make up a whole, fabulous - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh I'm loving where this is going!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this one. It is going to be a real beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...