Wednesday 19 July 2017

Setting Direction

Um, so it's been a while, eh? It's been a little stupid busy around here since January and at the end of the day, I just didn't have the energy to blog. Kiddos are away at camp this week (woot woot!) and lo and behold, I've got some energy back. LOL

My current project is my 2016 BeeSewcial quilt. My month for BeeSewcial was all about direction -- I asked my BeeSewcial mates to help me make a village or city. And boy, did they deliver! I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to share what the fabulous blocks they made, but here goes:

From Leanne at She Can Quilt:

A post shared by Leanne (@shecanquilt) on


A post shared by Leanne (@shecanquilt) on

From Stephanie at Spontaneous Threads:


From Felicity at Felicity Quilts:

Directions block for M-R in #beesewcial

#beesewcial block for @quiltmatters. May's prompt was "Directions" and we are creating neighbourhoods. Only one dead end! Not bad!

From Karen at Capitola Quilter:

#beesewcial May block one for @quiltmatters M-R asked us to "Channel our inner urban planner" this month. The challenge is inspired by maps and how neighborhoods developed as the city grows can have their own unique identity (check out her IG and blog pos

Garden photoshoot.  Since block one got to pose with a frog, it's only right block two gets to hang out with mr rooster. @quiltmatters #beesewcial #inspiredbybeesewcial #improvpiecing

From Kari at Craft Happy:





From Anne at play crafts:

A post shared by Anne (@playcrafts) on


A post shared by Anne (@playcrafts) on


From Debbie at A Quilter’s Table:

May Bee Sewcial blocks

May Bee Sewcial blocks

From Hillary at Entropy Always Wins:



From Marci at Marci-Girl Designs:

MR Bee Sewcial Block 1

MR Bee Sewcial Block 2

MR Bee Sewcial Block 3

Roundabout?! I adore roundabouts and am so excited that my quilt will have one. If you check out Marci's Instagram feed, you'll see how she did it.

Aren't these so fun?


And here are my blocks: 


May BeeSewcial - Direction


May - Direction


If you have a chance to check out the images on the #beesewcial feed on Instagram, you'll see that the blocks have back story. So cool!

After receiving the blocks, I'll admit that I got a little (ahem...very) anxious about doing these blocks justice. I pulled them out multiple times over the past year and played with the layout. My rule was this: each block had to connect with at least one other block, but I could add roads and negative space. 



More grid-like:


A little less grid-like:



Definitely playing with some alternative grid work:


After a lot of mulling and photos and rearranging and mulling and photos...repeat, I found a layout that I loved and started putting it together. It's just about done so I will share it soon.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. So creative and modern. I can't wait to see the final quilt. How does one join a beesocial? Is having an instagram account a requirement for your own group? I love the idea of making friends, being challenged and helping to create group designs. I wonder if there are other groups still forming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I really look forward to seeing it all together! What fantabulous blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I get connected with the beesewcial group? Do you just join in, and if so, where? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is fantastic! I can't wait to see all these wonderful blocks playing together in their final layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ! These blocks are absolutely fantastic !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! Can't wait to see what all you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a variety of block designs, each beautiful on their own. I can't wait to see how you decide to put them together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I just wanted to express my appreciation for your blog. It's evident that you pour a lot of passion and expertise into your writing. Your dedication to providing valuable content is truly commendable."
    busy baby mat coupons

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Your blog is a source of inspiration for aspiring writers like myself. Your writing style, coupled with the depth of your insights, serves as a benchmark for creating engaging and informative content. Thank you for setting the bar high!"
    davannis coupons

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...