Wednesday 1 June 2011

Works in Progress Wednesday #3

Finished Projects:
3 Wee Spy Quilts - Done! Two are for friends in the States who recently adopted two girls from Africa. I included a couple of U.S.A. squares for their quilts. I hope the girls will like the bright colours. I'm also hoping that I'll get to meet the girls when their parents come up for their annual cottage vacation in Westport. The third one is for friends here in Ottawa who had a baby girl. Hopefully, I'll get to meet her this weekend and give her the quilt in person. Her older sister has one too.

I've made 36 of these over the last six years for my kids and my friends' babies. Each one has a different border, backing, and matching bag, as well as a different arrangement of the squares. As quilts go, this is a pretty quick and easy quilt to put together and it's durable. I include a little card that gives the parents' some ideas of what they can do with it beyond just using it as a playmat/quilt. We play I Spy with ours, of course, but we also tell stories with it by adding something from each square to the tale, practice counting and picking out colours, etc. It's also a great way to use up some novelty fabrics that you now wonder why you purchased. ;) My friends tell me that their little ones love them and that they get compliments for them wherever they go.

Current Projects:
Value-able Colours/Project X? - Midway through freemotion quilting it.

Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting:
Landscape quilt
10X Leaves
Fibonacci's Not Random

On Hold:
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring
Stained Glass Lillies
Micah's Fire Growth Chart
Converging Stars
Tangled Garden
Red and Tan Bargello in the Round 2
Chop Suey
Green Bed Drape
Christmas tree skirt
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash
Spiral/Spring seta colour

WIP Wednesday #3 Recap:
Completed projects: 3
New projects: 0
Currently in progress: 17


Check out Don't Call Me Betsy to see what others have been up to this week.
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

  1. What a great project for your friends! I know the kids will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee Spy, what a sweet name! How generous and sweet of you! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...