Monday 14 May 2012

Modern Block Monday - Fractured Triangles


It was a crazy fun weekend that started Thursday night with a show at the National Arts Centre and included a quilt show, a 25 year reunion with my grade 8 class (including the teacher!), surprising my mom and MIL with flowers, and getting spoiled by my boys yesterday on Mother's Day with a video to the song "We Are Young" that has made me cry every time I see it. I'm exhausted, but oddly energized. 

This week's block is Fractured Triangles by Jessica Brown from 99 Modern Blocks, compiled by Susanne Woods. Jessica's block is magenta and yellow solids. Here is mine:


I'm definitely starting to appreciate orange more. And I didn't cut off any points...in the finished block. There might have been a little resewing. ;)

I have no idea what next week's block is going to be yet. It will be a surprise. 

Completed blocks to date:
Have a great Monday, all!

6 comments:

  1. Triangles are my favorite quilt shape. And this is a very cool block. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely block....I do love orange...any shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surprised you didn't use black this week, but you know I love orange!! This block is really nice, good job on the points! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend! Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a busy and wonderful weekend, M-R. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you!

    Love your newest block. Your points are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this block - orange is my favourite!! What a great weekend and you deserve to be spoiled rotten :)

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...