Wednesday 5 October 2011

Works in Progress #16

I vow - yes, vow! - that I will finish up more of my WIPs. Laura from Quokka Quilts and I have similarly lengthy lists of WIPs so we are going to cheer each other on as we tackle our projects. You are more than welcome to join us. We decided to expand TGIFF, starting this Friday when she hosts it, and have it tour other blogs. Check out the TGIF Friday! site for more details and please join us!

New Projects: Niet, but I'll have one next week because I was one of the lucky folks chosen to take part in the Scrap Splat Challenge by Generation Q Magazine. With any luck, my scrap package will arrive this week so I can get started. The deadline is October 26 - Gasp!

Completed Projects: One - Patrick Spies a Bottled Rainbow. Yay, I'm on a roll.

Current Projects:

Christmas Tree Skirt - This is the first WIP that I'm tackling with my newfound zeal to finish up my WIPs. Here's where this project stood yesterday -- pieced, sandwiched and partially quilted. When I was making this last year (maybe the year before..okay, probably the one before that), I got bored with the straight line quilting, but wasn't able to free motion quilt it like I wanted.


Although I love the colours and patterns of the materials, I wasn't pleased with values of the fabrics -- not enough contrast between the red Christmas balls and the green present material.

But you know what? No one will be able to tell when it's under the tree, covered with fake and real presents. And now I can free motion quilt. So dearest Christmas Tree Skirt, you will be finished and used this year. :)

Project Y - Just need to add the label. I will share it next week when I host TGIFF! I'm so, so, so thrilled with this one. Definitely my favourite!

On Hold:
Stained Glass Lillies - no progress again this week so this is going back to the on-hold section
Micah's Growth Chart
Landscape quilt
10BX Leaves
Fibonacci's Not Random
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring
Tangled Garden
Red and Tan Bargello in the Round 2
Spiral/Spring seta colour

UFOs that may one day get finished, but really who knows?
Converging Stars
Chop Suey
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday #16 Recap:
New projects: 0
Completed projects: 1
Currently in progress: 2
On Hold: 9 - One taken away, but one added - D'oh!
UFOs: 5

Bucket List: 41

Time to check out Freshly Pieced to find out what others have been up to this week. Thanks for stopping by!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm with ya on getting this stuff done but not sure I can join another thing. I should be sewing! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of TGIFF! Maybe it will spur me on either further to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are working on fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much going on...seems I can't even get started on what I want to! Making a tree skirt is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...