Wednesday 2 November 2011

Works in Progress Wednesday - November 2, 2011

What do you mean it's Wednesday?! It's been another nutty week around here. With birthday parties, Halloween parties, Halloween itself and my oldest son's birthday, you can imagine that not much quilting is happening right now. 

I've also been using any spare minute to check out the beautiful quilts in the Bloggers' Quilt Festival. Wow! This is my first time participating and I'm having a great time. So many fabulous quilts, so much inspiration! 



Little quilting time means that I probably won't have a finish to share at this Friday's TGIFF! party. Gasp! I know, it's shocking. ;) I may pull it out in the end, but I've got to get a move on my project for when I host it next week. The luminous Laura @ Quokka Quilts is hosting this Friday's TGIFF! party. I hope you come check out the beautiful finishes and link up one of your own, if you have one. Check out the TGIF Friday! site for more details. 

So here's the 411 for me this week:

New Projects: No new projects, but I did start thinking about Christmas gifts...

Completed Projects: One - Re-Landscaped (formerly Landscape quilt) jumped from the On Hold list right onto the Completed list, completely bypassing the Current Projects list. Shazam! As I mentioned in my post, this was started in a workshop in 2006, but took until now for me to figure out what I wasn't liking about it and fixing it. I'm pretty happy with the transformation from the original to this finished piece.



Current Projects:
Just Me and My Peeps - Still playing with the design. I thought I had it all figured out this summer, but then I thought of something else and now I'm a little stuck. I was hoping to share this one next week when I host TGIFF!, but I don't think that'll be happening. I also want to design this one in EQ so I can play with a few options, but I'm having some issues designing something from scratch (rather than using a pre-existing block). I don't find EQ all that user friendly and I'm usually pretty software savvy. I have EQ5 so maybe the newer versions are easier to use? Also, I've never really taken the time to practice at EQ so maybe it is me being a doofus. In any case, I will keep at it. If anyone has any advice for designing quilts from scratch in EQ5, I'd welcome it! Also, I'm considering asking Santa for EQ7. Anyone have EQ7 for PC or Mac? Easier to use than EQ5?

10BX Leaves - No progress. :(

On Hold:


Kingston quilt - My mom reminded me of a W.I.P. that I'd totally forgotten about. Gee, thanks Mom! This was a fabulous block of the month pattern done in my home town of Kingston, Ontario that had all the local landmarks. My hottie of a husband used to be a Fort Henry Guardsmen in high school and university (yes, we've been together that long) and this quilt has a prominent block of a Guardsman on it. Need I say more? Anyways, I started a couple of the blocks, but it was way beyond my skill level so I put it away. I think I could muscle my way through this one now though. Hmmm...
Landscape quilt  - Bye bye Landscape quilt!
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring
Tangled Garden
Red and Tan Bargello in the Round 2
Spiral/Spring seta colour

UFOs that may one day get finished, but really who knows?


Converging Stars - Thinking of pulling this one up to the majors because it's got possibilities as a quick finish. All it needs is a little tender loving FMQ and some binding. Hmmm...

Chop Suey
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday #20 Recap:
New projects: 0
Current projects: 2
Completed projects: 1
On Hold: 8 7 8
UFOs: 5


I'm linking in to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network and to W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Let's go check out the fun stuff going on over there.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

  1. Your landscape quilt is stunning! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! your re-landscaped landscape is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I wouldn't even know how to start such a quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I luv the depth in your landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art work! I never tried myself to make art quilts, I'm always an astonished admirer

    ReplyDelete
  6. That landscape quilt is amazing! That's a whole different kind of quilting, but it looks like it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the Wednesday bit. I totally missed linking up with Lee @ freshly pieced because it just didn't dawn on me that it was Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...