Wednesday 25 January 2012

Works in Progress Wednesday - January 25, 2012

Yay, it's been another productive week. It helps that the temps outside were in the -20 degrees Celsius, which means I avoid going out as much as possible. It also helped that I got a couple of unexpected evening/afternoon quilt sessions in. I won't say no to that! 

New Projects: None - phew. After last week's start-itis, I think I need a serious case of finish-itis. 

Completed Projects: 
Wedding Blanket Quilt - I finished my friend's wedding blanket quilt! Yay!

Current Projects:
Colour My World Challenge - Made great progress this week. I finished the swirling octagon below. Although I don't have photos of this, I did finish the side and corner pieces. I still have one other section to add before sandwiching it and quilting it. 


FMQQAYGQAL/QAYGFMQQALFirst four blocks are done! Yay! As usual, I put my own tweaks on it by quilting onto the block borders. Unfortunately, it gave poor Laura, our fearless QAL leader, a heart attack because her quilt-as-you-go technique requires that space to be unquilted. Oops! Not to worry though, the QAYG technique I used for the boys' Bottled Rainbow quilts will work beautifully. Phew! I'd hate to be kicked out of my first QAL! Now that would really start a blog war and damage Commonwealth relations, wouldn't it? ;)

Chop Suey - While I was piecing the swirling octagon for my Colour Challenge, I pieced all of these strip sets. I've since cut and ironed the blocks. The result? A whopping 100 blocks. That's just crazy! 

Modern Block Monday Sampler - This week was Everything Equal. I was surprised by just how much I'm loving this block. 

Tangled Garden - Finished pulling out the old stitches and have picked out the thread colours for the flowers. I'd love to finish this quilt in time to link up to TGIFF! this week at What a Hoot!, but I'm totally bagged and don't think I'll have the energy for any really late nights.

Micah's Growth Chart - Still staring at it. I think I want to take the backing off, do some satin stitching and some FMQ to stabilize the fire panel before putting the backing back on. I'm worried that if I don't, the growth chart will warp like Daniel's did. I hate using the seam ripper. Sigh!

On Hold:
Wee Spy quilts - 2
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring

UFOs that may one day get finished, but really who knows?
Spiral/Spring seta colour
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday Recap:
New projects: 0
Current projects: 6
Completed projects: 1
On Hold: 13
UFOs: 4


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Right Click to Save Image



Have a great Wednesday everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful as usual Michelle....I love it all! Those QAYG blocks are adorable...I wish I could FMQ like that...looks so darn neat....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've so many things on the go and they all look fab! I love the octagon and I really like your all blocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! The quilting on those blocks is just amazing! I love all your WIPs! Just incredible piecing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good Michelle! I still love that wedding blanket. The colors are gorgeous! Can't wait to see your FMQ QAL put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The swirling octogan is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the swirling octagon, I am going to have to try and make one or more of those

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice progress! Love that swirling octagon, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I like the lists you have of what you did this week, -- started, finished, in progress, etc. also, I really like the "everything goes block. M

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished a growth chart for my daughter, but I'm not sure where it will hang. It may just get laid on.
    Beautiful octagon swirl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! I love that swirl and the modern block.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous projects. I've got a few "on hold" myself...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of wonderful progress and I love the quilting , your FM skills are really great , I need to practice more .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whew! You have an amazing list of projects there -- when I get up around 10, it just makes me tired to think of them so I start something new and give away some of the WIP's! hahaha good way to clear out the guilt!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...