Wednesday 10 April 2013

Works In Progress Wednesday - The Going On Vacation Edition


Yes, that's right, I'm going on vacation! The hubster and I booked a last minute deal for Costa Rica. Woo hoo! We're both turning 40 and it's our 15th wedding anniversary this year so we said screw the budget and let's go. Okay, no we didn't. We're just stretching the budget really, really tight...and leaving the kids at home with their awesome grandparents and my fabulous sister.

We're going on a plane, people! To another country! Can you tell that I LOVE travelling? And that I'm just a wee bit excited? I'm also freaking out a bit too...I've never been away from my kids for more than two nights. Gulp!

Hmm, I wonder if there are any quilty things to do or visit in Costa Rica? I'm sure the hubster would just love that! LOL! We're going to be on the Pacific Coast, not far from Liberia so if you have any recommendations of things to do or see (especially quilting ones), I'd love to hear them.

Anyhoo, I'm looking at my project list this week and wondering what will get finished before I go and what project I could take with me, 'cause you know I have to have something to play with while I'm away or on the plane, watching movies uninterrupted!

Completed Projects:

Snow Crab Nebula: Done and shared!


New Projects: 

One with a tutorial that I will share on Friday. I know, mysterious, eh?

Current Projects:

Su{Brrr}nova: Lots of progress and I'll be sharing it this week for TGIFF!, which I'm hosting. Here's a sneak peak. The binding is on and I'm just burying the threads.


Stained Glass Lillies: Pulling this one off the On Hold list to take with me on vacation. :)

Hard Core: No progress.

Something New SamplerAll blocks are quilted, but I forgot to take a photo of the last one.

Scrappy Trip Along: No progress.

Kingston quilt: No progress.

Scrap{Bee} Quilt: No progress.

Seeing the Forest for the Trees QuiltNo progress.

Wedding quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday Recap: 
New projects: 1
Completed projects: 1
Current projects: 7
On Hold/UFO: 13


I'm linking in to WIP Wednesday at The Needle and Thread Network and to W.i.P. Wednesday at Freshly Pieced. Thanks Monika and Lee for hosting such great linkies!
Right Click to Save ImageWIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your vacation! My kids know by now if I ever suggest a place to go it usually has some quilting involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. I'll be interested in hearing if you find anything quilty. At quilt shows that feature international quilters, Brazil is the only country I've seen represented from Central or South America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a vocation, how I dream of one of those some where far, far, away for everyday life. Congradulations, you might miss the kids for a minute or two, then you will forget you had them. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS I'm not no-reply, but Blogspot doesn't seem to know it. clairealex [at]gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anniversary! No kids! Warm Sun! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhh lucky you! Enjoy it! And happy anniversary/40th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reason for a vacation M-R! Happy anniversary and happy birthday to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great vacation! My husband and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary by going on our first vacation sans kids in 5 years. Five days together! Woot!

    beaniekins84(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilting on that Nova quilt M-R

    ReplyDelete
  10. We followed your blog! Come follow our blog! quackadoodlequilt.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I'm so excited for you! Have a great time and I hope you find something quilty. I absolutely adore your Snow Crab Nebula.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That nebula quilt--wow! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...