Wednesday 28 September 2011

Works in Progress #15

Even though it was a little nutty around here last week, it feels like we've settled into more of a routine this week. On the quilting front, it seems like I've had less time for sewing and quilting, but got more done. Odd. But I'll take it.

New Projects:
A couple of new small projects started and completed:

1) Camp Wrap - I've been wanting to make a camp blanket with all my old childhood badges and crests for some time now. With my son's Beaver camp this past weekend, I finally had my reason and a deadline. Years ago, I bought a beautiful charcoal grey Alpaca wool wrap in Ecuador, but I never use it. I love it for sentimental reasons so rather than buy a blanket, I thought I'd repurpose the wrap. It's a little cheesy (okay, a lot cheesy), but what else am I going to do with that wrap and those badges? I'm so pleased with the results. The wrap fits beautifully and is perfect for campfires. And now I blend in with the other leaders... ;)


2) My Oh-so-Canadian Mug Rug that I blogged about earlier this week:


Completed Projects: Two!

Current Projects:
Bottled Rainbow - This baby is just about done! Giddy is what I'm feeling about having this one done. I'll do a post about it on Friday, but here's a sneak peek...


Project Y - I finally thought of the perfect name for Project Y. Yay! I'm not telling anyone what it is until it's done though because then I'll probably rethink it. I'm still free motion quilting this quilt. This one will probably be done next week. Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.

Stained Glass Lillies - no progress

On Hold:
Landscape quilt
10BX Leaves
Fibonacci's Not Random
Red and Tan Amish Wedding Ring
Christmas tree skirt
Tangled Garden
Red and Tan Bargello in the Round 2
Spiral/Spring seta colour

UFOs that may one day get finished, but really who knows?
Converging Stars
Chop Suey
Wedding quilt
Linus quilt
Nine patch colourwash

WIP Wednesday #15 Recap:
New projects: 2
Completed projects: 2
Currently in progress: 3
On Hold: 9
UFOs: 5

Bucket List: 41

What have you been working on?

Thanks to Lee with Freshly Pieced for hosting W.I.P. Wednesday. If you have a few minutes, go check out what others have been up to this week. Thanks for coming by!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the camp wrap as an idea for all the childhood badges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the beaver! The secret project looks fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the beaver love! He's too adorable. And I like the idea of putting your badges on the campfire wrap. We went to the fair last week and the scouts had a section displaying their vests and sashes and it made me think of mine just stored away in a closet. I'll have to do something like this with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha YES! We need a WIP challenge ti whip us into action! I'm in! I have a camp blanket from my girl guide days - army blanket with a hole cut for head like a poncho :) by the way, do you know you are a no-reply blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. WIP challenge - joint multi author blog?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your idea for the badges! My daughter is a Girl Scout so we have plenty of badges at our house!
    I love the little rainbow on the BR! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever way to use all those badges! I have a stash of pins, and have no idea what to do with them--but now I wish I had badges!

    I looked at your Fibonacci quilt--it's lovely. So glad Cindy asked you to show it around (clicked on the link from your list). And love the Canadian mug rug. We're coming to your neck of the woods (well, north of the US border, at least) next month, so my eye is on All Things Canadian.

    Elizabeth E!
    http://occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Canadian mug rug is awesome! Great job on the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made our kids each drawstring top bags, with cross body adjustable straps, to hold their sleeping bag, pillow and toiletries for camp weekends. They used them, with pride all through elementary, JH and even HS, adding badges along the way. I believe a grandchild may actually be using one of them now! Great memories....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What you did with the wrap is a splendid idea! It looks great! Also your mug rug is awesome and I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Yay Comments! Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I usually reply to comments via e-mail. If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave me your e-mail address so I can get back to you. Unfortunately, I've had to disallow Anonymous posts due to spam -- sorry! Cheers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...